When it comes to men’s health, many feel they are invincible and so they don’t pay as much attention to their health as women do. Newsflash, you’re not invincible and you need to take care of yourself. While everyone’s health is different, there are some issues that are common among men. And knowledge is power, so keep reading.
Most common issues
Most websites list the same things when it comes to men’s health. According to The Mayo Clinic, the following are the top causes of death among adult men. While this list may feel daunting, the good news is, most can be prevented.
- Heart disease
- Unintentional injuries
- Chronic lower respiratory disease
- Colon and Prostrate Health – this is from UCHealth
Prevention is key
When you think about prevention, lifestyle changes make a big difference. Across the board they include:
- Don’t smoke and avoid exposure to secondhand smoke
- Eat a healthy diet that includes vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean sources of protein, as well as limiting saturated fat and trans fat
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Get moving, which is key to minimizing heart disease and stroke as well as some types of cancer
- Limit alcohol to a moderate amount
- Manage stress, which is easier said than done, but will make a difference with many health issues
- Get regular wellness checkups from your doctor, which for most men, is hard to do, but avoiding it can be deadly, according to Heathline.
Support your health
One of the key things to supporting your health is nutrition. Eating a balanced diet is key, but as you know from Dr. Wallach, many of our foods lack the nutrition we need. Make sure that you include the 90 For Life regimen in your daily routine. In addition, Youngevity offers supplements to support specific health concerns such as XeraTest™ Hormonal Support for Men for men’s hormonal support, or Cardio Beets™ for heart support, or Ultimate Selenium to support overall health.
No matter what you do, make sure that you do the things that have your health as a priority in your life.